A gourmet short trip to Italy
We stayed at this beautiful newish hotel at Lake Resia that promised a couple relaxing and tasty days because of the attached mini spa and a daily dinner service with a 4 course meal curated by the junior boss of the house and head chef Markus Strobl.
During the few days we stayed here, we had so many dishes that I will keep this brief and short and let the pictures do most of the talking. Just that, there was a salad and antipasti buffet each day to start off the menu and even though it was mostly the same, every day they had some changing highlight items like perfectly grilled and chilled veal. My favorite picks were the marinated artichoke hearts and that slightly blanched and lightly dressed coleslaw with cumin.
- Fluffy dark Rye Bread dumplings in fond with oven vegetables and fried parsley
- Barley soup with ham roll and chive-gel
- Insane Meditteranean swordfish with pea flan, snow peas, and minestrone broth
- Perfect Topfenknödel with nougat center, figs, and cinnamon ice cream
- Amazing ravioli with carbonara filling, truffle aroma, and oven melanzane
- Essence of peppers, chorizo-egg-dumplings and carrot pearls
- On spot Ocean beef flank, tomato, dauphine-potatoes and oven carrots
- Genius peach sherbet, water melon and arunda bubbles from east of Meran
- Fresh and bio beef tartar, parmesan splinters and crostini, celery walnut salad and red onions
- Parsley cream soup, bacon trameszzino and gel of smoke
- Lardo stuffed breast of guineafowl, young leek, white bread pudding and chervil mousse
- Lukewarm chocolate lava tart with wild berry sherbet and strawberries
- Celery filled tortelloni, truffle foam, and broccoli
- Consommé double, fantastic mushroom crêpe and zucchini julienne
- Beef cheek, smoked mash, black carrots and parsley
- Farmer yoghurt mousse, ice cream, meringue and acidy passion fruit
As the salad buffet at the start, the dinner closing was also the same every day, an interesting selection of regional cheeses, chutneys, and nuts.
The time we spend in this dining room was such a treat and I didn’t have a single dish I didn’t like and many that I loved. Atmosphere-wise it took us some getting used to as everybody was whispering quietly at their tables which made it all a bit library-like but after the first night we had some good wine, turned up the volume a notch and enjoyed ourselves. Thanks for a wonderful foodie stay at your hotel and keep being inventive.
Get Your Grub On!
Alpine Diner Restaurant & Bar (Hotel Eden Reschensee) – reservations mandatory
39027 Reschen BZ / Resia (Südtirol / South Tyrol)
p: + 39 473 633137